Polarity in Astrology: What Does It Mean?
Each of the 12 signs of the Zodiac reflects the natural “rules” considering various aspects: the Primordial Qualities , the basis of everything, the Elements , the Modes (or Modalities), the Polarities and the Planets. Each sign has a relationship with its partner on the other side of the Zodiac. The term Polarity expresses this fact.
In Astrology, all energies are necessary for a balanced flow of energy. The energy field of action is not hermetic and the different types of energy interact with each other and complement each other.
Primordial Qualities of Signs and Polarity
The Primordial Qualities of matter shape the basic characteristics of the personality of the signs. Organized in two axes “Hot and Cold” and “Dry and Humid”, they allowed a first categorization of the signs. From this basic definition, another concept was adopted: that of the Elements (or Triplicities): Fire, Earth, Air and Water, being that:
- Signs of the Fire element - formed by the Primitive Qualities “Dry and Hot” - Aries, Leo, Sagittarius.
- Signs of the Earth element - formed by the Primitive Qualities “Dry and Cold” - Taurus, Virgo, Capricorn.
- Signs of the Air element - formed by the Primitive Qualities “Humid and Hot” - Gemini, Libra, Aquarius.
- Signs of the Water element - formed by the Primitive Qualities “Wet and Cold” - Cancer, Scorpio, Pisces.
From this classification, the signs have been grouped into:
- Water and Earth Signs - They have negative polarity (Feminine or Yin).
- Fire and Air Signs - They have positive polarity (Male or Yang).
At this point, it is important to note that the concept of Negative Polarity (Yin in Chinese Astrology ) does not constitute a value judgment, but rather an indication that the personality of these signs is introverted and receptive. On the contrary, the signs of Positive Polarity (Yang in Chinese Astrology) are considered outgoing and expressive.
Polar or Opposite Signs
The polar or opposite signs affect each other: each sign has a relationship with its partner on the other side of the Zodiac. I mean:
- Aries - Libra (same polarity and modality = both are Male and Cardinal signs ).
- Taurus - Scorpio (same polarity and modality = both are female and Fixed signs ).
- Gemini - Sagittarius (same polarity and modality = both are Male and Mutable signs ).
- Cancer - Capricorn (same polarity and modality = both are Feminine and Cardinal signs).
- Leo - Aquarius (same polarity and modality = both are Male and Fixed signs).
- Virgo - Pisces (same polarity and modality = both are Female and Mutable signs).
Polarity and Astrological Personality
While the Ascendant reflects the way we see ourselves, the Descendant reflects the way others see us. Together, both elements make up who we are and what we project outward. In Astrology, Polarity, instead of dividing, connects, relates and complements two halves, apparently separate and opposite, turning them into one entity.
The concept of Polarity is related to the Ascending / Descending axis . Both elements are important in the analysis of our astrological personality.
While the Ascendant reflects the way we see ourselves, the Descendant reflects the way others see us. Together, both elements constitute who we are and what we project. In Astrology, instead of dividing, polarity connects, relates and complements two seemingly separate and opposite halves, turning them into a single entity.
While our sign corresponds to our deepest essence, to the qualities that we recognize and accept in ourselves, the opposite sign represents what we think we are not. These are the qualities that we reject, repress, deny, ignore or that we refuse to recognize in our personality.
However, curiously, it is possible to be attracted to the qualities of our opposite sign when we interact with people of the same sign. We can explain this magnetism by the force of attraction of opposites “opposites attract”.
- What Is Your Biggest Insecurity Based On Your Astrology Zodiac Sign?
- Which Zodiac Is Most Humble And Which One Is Most Self-centered?
- Phlegmatic Temperament In Astrology
- Choleric Temperament In Astrology
- Blood Temperament In Astrology
- Melancholic Temperament In Astrology
- The Most Honest Astrology Zodiac Signs
- What It's Like To Date With One Of The Zodiac Boys
- Sexiest Thing About Each Zodiac Sign
- How To Get Out Of A Toxic Relationship According To Your Sign
- What Is The Purpose Of Each Zodiac Sign In Life?
- How Each Zodiac Sign Manipulates You
- The Drama Of Each Zodiac Sign
- Simple Tips For Each Of The Signs
- Which City Should You Live In Based On Your Zodiac Sign?