The Monkey Sign in Chinese Astrology: Dates and Personality
The Monkey is one of the animals of the 12-year cycle of the Zodiac of Chinese Astrology. Know the dates, personality characteristics, and how they are related to other Chinese Signs.The sign of the Monkey ranks ninth in the Chinese Astrology Horoscope. Highly competitive, this is the most vivid animal sign in the Chinese Zodiac. It is always full of new ideas and plans. Optimistic, he likes to live surrounded by many people, but he cannot give up his independence. For the native of the Monkey sign, routine sweeps away any relationship, be it of a work or love nature.
The Chinese Zodiac is made up of 12 animals that are organized in the following order: Rat, Ox, Tiger, Rabbit, Dragon, Snake, Horse, Goat, Monkey, Rooster, Dog, and Pig. The Chinese calendar follows the cycles of the Moon, and on the first day of the Chinese New Year, one of the 12 animals takes its place for that year.
Characteristics of the Sign of the Monkey
- Symbol - 猴
- Element - Metal
- Ruling Planet - Venus
- Hours - 15h-17h (time associated with the late afternoon period, when the Sun is lowest on the horizon)
- Month - August
- Season - Autumn
- Color - White, a color associated with autumn and maturity, linked to purity, freshness, cleanliness. In China, this color is used in mourning, but it also means luck, especially white birds, symbolically good luck.
- Orientation - Southwest
- Yin / Yang polarity - Yang, element that suggests extroverted, expansive, enthusiastic, expressive, and communicative behaviors
- Attributes - Observer, determined, lively, good listener, sociable, adaptable, cunning, patient, excellent memory, available, vibrant, fun, energetic, manipulative, optimistic, friendly, charming, unpredictable, childish, cheerful, versatile, multifaceted
- Lucky Days - 14th and 28th of any Chinese lunar month
- Lucky Months - 8th and 12th Chinese lunar months
- Lucky Numbers - 4 and 9 and the numbers that contain them (such as 44 and 94)
- Bad Luck Numbers - 2 and 7
- Highest Affinity - Rat, Dragon, Snake, Horse, Pig
- Lower Affinity - Ox, Tiger, Rabbit, Goat, Monkey, Rooster, Dog
- Corresponding Western Sign - Leo
The Sign of the Monkey in Mythology
Several legends and stories about the animals were chosen to make up the Chinese astrological system. One of these legends refers to the intention of the Jade Emperor to know the animals that inhabited the Earth. He decided that some of them should be brought before him. To facilitate the selection, the Emperor defined two criteria: they would have to be valuable animals for Man or be one of the first to arrive at the Celestial Palace on the day of the election of the animals.
Long ago, the Monkey and the tigers were neighbors and good friends. All other animals were afraid of the Tiger, so he was faithful to his only friend.
One day, a hunter caught the Tiger, and the Monkey helped him escape by untying the ropes. After this event, the Tiger was in great debt to his friend. However, he thought that he would lose their respect if the Monkey told the other animals what had happened. He thought of killing the Monkey to silence him, but he would lose his only friend if he did. So the Tiger decided that the only way out of the situation was to help the Monkey.
When it became known that the Emperor would select the animal signs, the Tiger was one of the main candidates. The Monkey had little chance, and the Tiger saw this as an opportunity to pay off his debt. She decided to intercede for him, publicly praising his intelligence and abilities. The Emperor chose the Monkey, and the Tiger paid his debt, keeping his image of courage and ferocity apart from all other animals.
Monkey Sign Dates
The Chinese Zodiac is associated with how traditional Chinese culture measures time, that is, in 60-year cycles. This calendar results from the multiplication of the twelve animals and the five elements. This cycle is essential and makes each of the 60 years a special and unique period.
Each animal rotates for a given year in a continuous 12-year cycle that begins with the Rat and ends with the Pig. On the first day of the Chinese New Year, one of the 12 animals takes its place for that year. In addition to defining the people born during that year, the animal also influences the attributes of the year, which affects us all. The years governed by the sign of the Monkey are the following:
- February 6, 1932, to January 25, 1933 - Water Monkey
- January 25, 1944, to February 12, 1945 - Wood Monkey
- February 12, 1956, to January 30, 1957 - Fire Monkey
- January 30, 1968, to February 16, 1969 - Earth Monkey
- February 16, 1980, to February 4, 1981 - Metal Monkey
- February 4, 1992, to January 22, 1993 - Water Monkey
- January 22, 2004, to February 8, 2005 - Wood Monkey
- February 8, 2016, to January 27, 2017 - Fire Monkey
- January 26, 2028, to February 12, 2029 - Earth Monkey
Monkey Native Personality
OCCURRING AND FUN
The Monkey is the ninth sign of the Chinese Zodiac and is associated with qualities such as tranquility and reflection. The personality of this native is full of common sense. He is considerate and reserved. He only expresses his ideas and opinions when they are well-founded.
This native is a lively companion and a good listener. Although you are paying attention to the conversation, you are always aware of what is happening. He is very honest in his relationships and keeps secret all the confidences made to him.
He likes diversity in his life and enjoys the company of others. Most of the people of this sign have an active social life. One of its strengths is its enormous ability to adapt to new situations and cope well with changes.
He is a crafty person by nature and has the patience to wait for results. In that sense, he manages to anticipate and take advantage of the news when everyone else is still trying to analyze the situation.
The native of the Monkey sign has a pleasant personality and is easily moved by injustices or the suffering of others, especially those closest to him. They will do anything to help and what can mitigate the suffering of those for whom they care.
Love and Relationships
In love, the native of the Monkey sign seeks to live a fairytale romance. He is very romantic and with a great sense of humor. He is pleasant company despite suffering from insecurity.
His partners are drawn to his frankness, sense of humor, and interest in the world around him. El Mono is capable of maintaining a fluid conversation on any current topic. He knows how to make people feel comfortable and gets everyone involved in his adventure plans.
Keeping the Monkey attached to a routine and passionless relationship is not easy. The Monkey has his moral code, and if interest is not maintained, he quickly jumps into another relationship. In addition, its independent nature means that it is always on the move. They are jealous and hate conflict in any relationship and run away at the first sign of trouble or discussion.
When you fixate on a relationship, you are supportive, faithful, charming, and dedicated. He is always planning to do new things and give dynamism to that relationship. When a relationship ends, they will most likely remain good friends.
- Signs most compatible with Monkey - Rat, Dragon, Snake, Horse, Pig
- Signs less compatible with Monkey - Ox, Tiger, Rabbit, Goat, Monkey, Rooster, Dog
Monkey Sign Compatibilities
The Chinese astrology understood that certain combinations of animals in the Zodiac work better than others, and some signs are naturally antagonistic and, therefore, have a discordant relationship.
The compatibility between the animals of the Chinese horoscope takes into account the characteristics of each of the animals—those whose characteristics match each other well and can tend to have good compatibility. The opposite is equally valid.
The Sign of the Monkey and the Race
Its versatility and speed of reaction guarantee success in many types of jobs. Strategic and focused, it is rare that they do not achieve the objectives that are proposed.
It is easy for them to develop the right skills, and they focus all their strength and energy on them. They know their limits and do not accept any challenges. Before doing something, they analyze their chances of success. If you are not prepared, you are honest, and you do not accept it. It does not line up in promotions for status or convenience for the other party.
Never give up. The native of the Monkey sign is resistant and has the patience to wait. When in doubt, you are calculating and waiting for an opportunity that is more favorable to you.
Best Careers: Journalist, Teacher, Entrepreneur, Travel Writer, Therapist, Accountant, Bank, Scientist, Researcher, Engineering, Stock Market, Air Traffic Control, Film Directing, Commercial.
The Sign of the Monkey and Health
Generally, the natives of the Monkey sign are very healthy, in part due to their active lifestyle and the desire to try different lifestyles. The most common diseases affect the nervous system or the circulatory system.
People born in the year of Mono generally spend more time working than average. To save energy and regain strength, the Monkey needs to lead a healthy lifestyle, feed its hours and rest properly.
The Five Types of Monkey
In the Chinese Astrological system, each sign of the Zodiac is associated with one of the five elements: Wood, Fire, Earth, Metal, and Water. For example, a Wood Monkey appears once in the 60-year cycle. The characteristics of a person’s personality are influenced by various influences, including the sign and element of the year of birth. Thus, there are five types of Monkeys, each with its own characteristics:
Characterization - Sustainability, Creativity, Growth
Ingenious and talented, the Wood Monkey has a predilection for the arts and artistic expression. He is the most intelligent, friendly, and cuddly of all the Monkeys.
Characterization - Passion, Intelligence, Movement
This Monkey lives in love and collects lovers. He knows how to seduce and conquer. Fascinating and relentless, he doesn’t give up until he gets what he wants or the person he wants.
Characterization - Balance, Reliability, Consolidation
This type of Monkey is the most harmonious of all. He is an excellent communicator, witty, and a lot of fun. Collect all the gifts to captivate and hold the interest of a large audience. Although they may be considered unkind, their cynical jokes are spot on.
Characterization - Utility, Strength, Reliability
This Monkey has an adventurous spirit and loves to take risks. You can be a player and become the only native of the Monkey sign who can win money. She is very independent and hates ties, whatever they are.
Characterization - Communication, Sensitivity, Intuition
This Monkey is full of mysteries, and whoever treats him never understands exactly what his intentions and feelings are. He is dedicated to the family and his partner but keeps his distance. You can be a tormented person and be hurt by seemingly unimportant things.
Chinese Horoscope Signs
- Rat Sign - Smart and Practical
- Ox Sign - Reliable and Premeditated
- Tiger Sign - Daring and Passionate
- Rabbit Sign - Intuitive and Sensitive
- Dragon Sign - Successful and Independent
- Snake Sign - Mysterious and Sophisticated
- Horse Sign - Hardworking and Friendly
- Goat Sign - Sensual and Adaptable
- Monkey Sign - Occurring and Funny
- Rooster Sign - Protector and Honest
- Dog Sign - Loyal and Trustworthy
- Pig Sign - Sensual and Avid
- What Is Your Biggest Insecurity Based On Your Astrology Zodiac Sign?
- Which Zodiac Is Most Humble And Which One Is Most Self-centered?
- Phlegmatic Temperament In Astrology
- Choleric Temperament In Astrology
- Blood Temperament In Astrology
- Melancholic Temperament In Astrology
- The Most Honest Astrology Zodiac Signs
- What It's Like To Date With One Of The Zodiac Boys
- Sexiest Thing About Each Zodiac Sign
- How To Get Out Of A Toxic Relationship According To Your Sign
- What Is The Purpose Of Each Zodiac Sign In Life?
- How Each Zodiac Sign Manipulates You
- The Drama Of Each Zodiac Sign
- Simple Tips For Each Of The Signs
- Which City Should You Live In Based On Your Zodiac Sign?