10th House in Astrology: Social Status and Reputation
House 10 is the “House of the Race,” also known as the “House of Ambition.” It represents our public image and shows what weakens and improves our professional reputation.
People with positive astrological aspects in this House tend to be successful in areas where they can express their true calling. This House is naturally associated with the planet Saturn and the sign Capricorn.
The 10th House projects the characteristics we want others to see in us. The qualities for which we want to be recognized, praised, appreciated, and respected.
Through the signs, planets, and aspects present in this House, we hope to achieve our dreams and ambitions, earn the honor, and gain recognition.
- Sphere - Outer Envelope
- Planet - Saturn
- Sign - Capricorn
- Element - Earth
- Quality - Cardinal
- Polarity - Female
- Position - Angular
- Physiology - Knees and Bones
- Places - Courts, government offices, workplaces
- Color - Red, white
- Key Words - public life, foreign mute, social status, business, profession, professional ambition, recognition, authority figures, parents, vocation, career
The Midheaven and the 10th House
The 10th House is where we can achieve everything we dream of in the 9th House. In the quadrant House division system, the Midheaven (MC) - the degree of the eclectic at the highest point of the meridian - marks the cusp of the Tenth House.
The Middle of Heaven represents all that is visible, the external “I,” ambition, recognition, and extroversion. It symbolizes what one wants to achieve, dreams, vocations, and projects.
The personality is ready to launch itself into the world, to put its energy into the “doing for life.” The time has come to work and fulfill your life purpose.
The Midheaven is the highest point of the birth chart. Therefore, symbolically, the planets and signs positioned in the 10th House seem to dominate all the others present in the circle of the Zodiac.
The characteristics of any sign or planet located in the 10th House correspond to what we externalize. It reflects how we present ourselves and what we show to others. It is the public facade of our personality.
Taking into account that the Background of Heaven and House 4 (the opposite House) represent who we are in our private life and how we behave inside the house, the Middle of Heaven and House 10 indicate how we behave publicly, the image that we want to transmit to the world.
It represents how we want others to see us when we present ourselves to them. It is the way we “dress” when we leave the house to go with friends and family, have fun, or work.
House 10 - the “House of Ambition”
The positions in the 10th House show the brand that we would like to leave in the world. It is our legacy, our contribution to humanity. The way we would like to be remembered by our peers and future generations. It represents our will to continue, to be remembered for all eternity.
In addition to recognition, being admired means staying in people’s memories forever. For our ego (which now knows that it is finite), this notion of immortality is a bright idea. Everything you do has a purpose and will resonate with others.
Professional Vocation and Career at Home 10
The planets and signs of the 10th House also give clues about vocation and professional career. Saturn, for example, suggests a career in teaching, a judge, or a scientist. Jupiter has an acting career, a philosopher, or a travel agent. Pisces is a profession where creativity is the dominant focus.
The 10th House also suggests how a person will conquer their position in the world of work.
- Saturn and Capricorn suggest a long and patient way to achieve the desired position.
- Mars and Aries have great ambition and combat ability but lack the patience to persist when goals take longer than desirable to materialize.
- Neptune and Pisces, some indecision and confusion about the role they can play in society.
10th House and What We Symbolize for Others
The 10th House also describes what we represent or symbolize for others.
- The influence of the planet Mars can lead others to see us as a bold and robust people, driven by ambition and the desire to conquer.
- Like a saint or a martyr, Neptune is a personality always ready to defend the underprivileged or as a victim of himself.
- The presence of Venus, as a person of a class who appreciates beauty, quality, and good taste. The positioning of many planets in the 10th House generally suggests an ambitious person who desires recognition, social status, and prestige.
The 10th House and Maternal Influence
While House 4 (the opposite House) is associated with the “father,” House 10 is related to the “mother.” At the beginning of life, the mother figure represents our continuity.
Babies do not recognize themselves as a separate entity from the mother. She is his livelihood and his most excellent security.
The type of relationship we establish with our mother during childhood (for example, emotionally close or distant, peaceful or aggressive) will be reflected later in our adult lives and how we relate to others.
Theories of human development speak of this, of the close relationship between attachment (or lack of it) and its influence on the formation and expression of the personality of the child, adolescent, and adult.
A problematic aspect of Pluto in House 10, for example, denotes the existence of an austere and repressive mother figure that, later, will be reflected in a vision of the world as insecure and cruel.
Our attitude towards the relationship with the outside world will be defense and fear.
Well-aspected positions reflect a caring, loving, and understanding mother that we have grown to believe that the world is and will treat us the same way. We will see the world as a safe and positive place full of well-intentioned people.
- Mars denotes a formal and controlling mother figure. The personality grows with the desire to be independent and autonomous. You will seek a profession in which you can excel, where you have the authority and power to make decisions.
- Mercury suggests an intelligent and meaningful mother figure. Their personality grows with the desire to live up to the mother’s expectations and can choose a career in high intellectual demand that makes her mother proud.
- Venus can indicate a competition with the mother figure. The personality grows with the desire to develop the qualities it recognizes in the mother and overcome her.
The “I” has come a long way from the first to the tenth house. At first, he was not yet aware of his existence as a single and individual entity. By the time it reaches the 10th House, we have had enough experiences to realize who we are.
The 12 Houses in Astrology
- House 1 - Individual Identity (the “I”)
- House 2 - Money, Earnings, and Possessions
- House 3 - Mind, Environment, and Brothers
- House 4 - Home
- House 5 - Creative Self-Expression, Hobbies, and Fun
- House 6 - Work, Health, and Small Animals
- House 7 - Couple and Marriage
- House 8 - Sex, Death, and Birth
- House 9 - Philosophy and Adventure
- House 10 - Career and Social Statutes
- House 11 - Friends and Community
- House 12 - Spirituality and Subconscious
- What Is Your Biggest Insecurity Based On Your Astrology Zodiac Sign?
- Which Zodiac Is Most Humble And Which One Is Most Self-centered?
- 12th House In Astrology: Karma, Unconsciousness, Reintegration
- 2nd House In Astrology: Potential, Security, Assets
- 3rd House In Astrology: Mind, Environment, Siblings
- 5th House In Astrology: Self-expression, Creativity And Children
- 6th House In Astrology: Work, Health And Small Animals
- 7th House In Astrology: Relationships And Couples
- 8th House In Astrology: Transcending Personal Limits
- 10th House In Astrology: Social Status And Reputation
- Phlegmatic Temperament In Astrology
- Choleric Temperament In Astrology
- Blood Temperament In Astrology
- Melancholic Temperament In Astrology
- The Most Honest Astrology Zodiac Signs