16/08 Birthday - Zodiac Information
August 16 Zodiac
People born on August 16, although sometimes harsh in behavior, have sincere hearts.
Horoscope and personality for those born on August 16
They are impulsive, but in general, most of their feelings towards their surroundings are kind, and the good of others is usually their goal. His tendencies are quite altruistic and cosmopolitan.
They are interested in public charity and dedicate their time to works of mercy. They are strong of character. They are more just than benevolent. Brave and cautious, They are people deep in thought, striving for knowledge and wisdom. They also show certain philosophical tendencies. They are fiery and stimulating in temperament and feelings, with their good hearts expressed in both deeds and words.
They are able to persevere in the effort. His mind is very charming and inventive, and his demeanor can often be harsh, but his heart is honest. They offer a good friendship. However, they often make mistakes when choosing their friends, succumbing to flattery or people who may be what they need. Their love affairs unfold in a similar way, and although they have quite a few relationships, they are often unfortunate. Many times they marry below their position since they wish to have someone by their side which gives in to their will, but most of the time, it turns out that such predictions are incorrect, and the position of their spouse after marriage becomes ever more and more dominant.
As stated before, his feelings are warm, and his sympathies vary. These people would like everyone around them to feel sympathy for them. They find pleasure in knowing that their work is useful to others, at which point they are capable of great effort. His ambitions are not too great. They are linked to rural, primitive life and to simple customs. What threatens them? Great struggles and hard work await you in life. Often misunderstood in terms of your profession.
Zodiac sign for those born on August 16
If your birthday is August 16, your zodiac sign is Leo.
August 16 - personality and character
character: tough, uncompromising, good-hearted, ignoble, gutless, talkative;
profession: painter, sound engineer, firefighter;
colors: orange, green, gold;
stone: cat’s eye;
lucky numbers: 14,17,23,36,38,57
super lucky number: 32
Holidays and Observances - August 16
- Palazuelos, province of Guadalajara. «Burning of the boto,» in memory of the vow or promise made to San Roque. Tanguilla Championship.
- Betanzos, province of La Coruña. Patronal feast in honor of San Roque. Noteworthy was the launch of the paper balloon on the night of August 16, Festival of National Tourist Interest
- Macotera (province of Salamanca). In honor of San Roque. From the 14th to the 18th, it should be noted that on the 16th, 17th, and 18th, there are confinements, and on the 18th or 19th, there is confinement on horseback and the long procession of the saint that usually lasts about 6 hours.
- Cimballa, in the region of Calatayud, province of Zaragoza, is the second festival, traditional for the distribution, in ancient times, of hemp seeds by the Brother who was the party.
- Vallejera de Riofrío, Salamanca, patron saint festivities in honor of San Roque.
- Olavarria, Argentina: National and commemorative day of the fallen by motorcycle.
- National Holiday in the Dominican Republic: Restoration day of the Republic.
- Kyoto, Japón: Gozan no Okuribi.
- In Essen and Hildesheim: anniversary of the holy Bishop Altfrid
- In Paraguay: Children’s Day.
- Pedro Bernardo, province of Ávila. Patronal feast in honor of San Roque.
- La Colilla, province of Ávila. Patronal feast in honor of San Roque
- In Moral de Calatrava (Ciudad Real), Fairs and Festivities in honor of San Roque, co-patron and protector of the city, together with the Patron Ntra, Mrs. Virgen de la Sierra.
- Peñalver, Guadalajara: a pilgrimage of San Roque to its hermitage, mass, and charity (buns and sweets) blessed
- Bronchales (located near Albarracín, Teruel province): Sopeta Day.
- Pinos del Valle, Granada. Big day of the patron saint festivities, since it is the day of the patron. This day is the fluttering of the flag in honor of San Roque.
- Villagarcía de Arosa, Pontevedra. Festa da Auga on the day of San Roque. On this day, the inhabitants of the Galician city throw water and wet each other together with the collaboration of the Firefighters according to tradition to alleviate the high temperatures of the area in summer in honor of San Roque.
August 16 Celebrity Birthday. Who was born the same day as you?
1901: Riccardo Lombardi, Italian politician and engineer (d. 1984).
1904: Wendell Meredith Stanley, American chemist, 1946 Nobel Prize Winner (d. 1971).
1909: Bernardo Leighton, Chilean politician (d. 1995).
1911: EF Schumacher, German economist (d. 1977).
1912: Ted Drake, British footballer (d. 1995).
1913: Menáchem Beguín, Israeli politician, prime minister between 1977 and 1983 (d. 1992).
1916: Francisco Bernis Madrazo, Spanish ornithologist, and biologist (f. 2003).
1920: Charles Bukowski, American writer, and poet (d. 1994).
1920: José Tamayo, Spanish theater director.
1923: Joaquín Cordero, Mexican actor (d. 2013).
1924: Grover Boydston, founder of Neurotics Anonymous (d. 1996).
1924: Carlos Sánchez del Río, Spanish physicist, researcher and academic (f. 2013).
1925: José María Obaldia, Uruguayan writer, lexicographer, oral narrator and teacher.
1928: Ann Blyth, American actress, and singer.
1928: Eduardo Cote Lamus, Colombian poet and politician (f. 1964).
1928: Eydie Gormé, American singer (d. 2013).
1929: Carmen Bernardos, Spanish actress.
1929: Bill Evans, American jazz pianist (d. 1980).
1929: Helmut Rahn, German footballer (d. 2003).
1930: Simha Arom, French-Israeli ethnomusicologist.
1930: Flor Silvestre, Mexican singer, and actress.
1930: Robert Culp, American actor (d. 2010).
1930: Leslie Francois Manigat, Haitian politician and professor (d. 2014).
1930: Tony Trabert, American tennis player.
1933: Ricardo Blume, Peruvian actor.
1933: Julie Newmar, American actress, Catwoman in Batman.
1933: Stuart Allen Roosa, American astronaut (d. 1994).
1935: Leopoldo Azancot, Spanish novelist, literary critic, and journalist (d. 2015).
1939: David Santalla, Bolivian actor and comedian.
1943: Luis Roldán, Spanish policeman, former director of the Civil Guard.
1944: Soledad Becerril, Spanish politician.
1945: Moria Casán, actress and Argentine starlet.
1946: Ramón Núñez Centella, Spanish scientific communicator.
1946: Lesley Ann Warren, American actress.
1950: Hasely Crawford, Trinidadian athlete.
1950: Walter Nelson, Argentine sports journalist of Uruguayan origin.
1950: Anne of Windsor, British princess.
1952: Sonia Silvestre, Dominican singer, and broadcaster (f. 2014).
1953: Mario Markic, Argentine journalist.
1954: James Cameron, Canadian filmmaker.
1955: Jacobo Winograd, Chilean media character.
1957: Tim Farriss, Australian musician of the band INXS.
1958: Angela Bassett, American actress.
1958: Madonna, singer and American actress.
1959: José Luis Clerc, Argentine tennis player.
1959: Marc Sergeant, Belgian cyclist.
1960: Éric Caritoux, French cyclist.
1960: Timothy Hutton, American actor.
1962: Steve Carell, American actor.
1963: Alexis Valdés, Cuban actor.
1966: Jeff Waters, American guitarist of the band Thrash Metal Annihilator.
1966: Onésimo Díaz, Spanish historian.
1968: Mateja Svet, Slovenian skier.
1969: Yvan Muller, French motorsport driver.
1970: Fabio Casartelli, Italian cyclist (d. 1995).
1971: Stefan Klos, German footballer.
1971: Teófilo Rodríguez, Venezuelan criminal and drug trafficker (f. 2016).
1972: Courage Ábalos, Argentine actor.
1972: Emily Erwin, musician, and singer of American country music, of the band Dixie Chicks.
1972: Stan Lazaridis, Australian footballer.
1973: Iker Sarriegui, Spanish footballer.
1973: Mauricio Islas, Mexican actor.
1974: Krisztina Egerszegi, Hungarian swimmer.
1974: Tomasz Frankowski, Polish footballer.
1974: Iván Hurtado, Ecuadorian soccer player.
1974: Joaquín Reyes, Spanish humorist.
1976: Susana Rodríguez, Spanish volleyball player.
1978: Eddie Gill, American basketball player.
1980: Vanessa Carlton, American singer-songwriter and pianist.
1980: Robert Hardy, British musician of the band Franz Ferdinand.
1981: Roque Santa Cruz, Paraguayan soccer player.
1982: Joleon Lescott, British footballer.
1982: Cam Gigandet, American actor.
1984: Sofía Nieto, Spanish actress.
1985: Cristin Milioti, American actress.
1986: Martín Maldonado, Puerto Rican baseball player.
1986: Shawn Pyfrom, American actor.
1988: Claudio Riaño, Argentine footballer.
1988: Kevin Schmidt, American actor, producer, and director.
1991: Evanna Lynch, Irish actress.
1991: Kwon Ri-Se, Japanese singer, songwriter, dancer, and model (f. 2014).
1992: Diego Schwartzman, Argentine tennis player.
1997: Greyson Chance, American singer-songwriter and pianist.
2000: Josh Bogert, Canadian actor, and singer-songwriter.