01/05 Birthday - Zodiac Information
May 1 Zodiac
People born on May 1 are frugal, organized, with a good head for business.
Horoscope and personality for those born on May 1
Sociable, cunning, generally very understanding: they have many talents by nature and possess important innate abilities.
They are benevolent people, often enthusiastic and with artistic talents. In general, they are appreciated by people because of their friendly and sociable attitude. They are especially lively and talkative at night. They enjoy the company of the opposite sex. Morally, they are quite positive, and they express perseverance, which will become stronger than them, kindness and courtesy.
However, they can become very malicious and fierce. They can give you lots of ideas, or keep them quiet. Their ideals are not overly sublime, but they are not excessively down-to-earth either. They stand out particularly in the practical, organizational and also in politics. They can implement their projects with great practicality and construction capacity. His demeanor is quite matrimonial, attached to his family.
They like children. They are really frugal, which can, however, turn into parsimony. It must be added that they are just people of temperament and noble of feelings. Thanks to popularity, they can enjoy being appreciated: they can easily rise to a good position in life, even get some honors or awards. People born today will triumph because of their great self-confidence. It will be the icing on the cake of your exceptional business acumen and cunning.
If they are born poor, they will find the opportunity to gain wealth and recognition. If they are born rich, they can also gain general respect due to their subtlety and distinction. In one way or another, they strive to ascend, or at least to achieve a good life situation.
Zodiac sign for those born on May 1
If your birthday is on May 1, your zodiac sign is Taurus
May 1 - personality and character
character: honest, incorruptible, wise, rude, categorical, crazy;
profession: hairdresser, veterinarian, tiler;
colors: red, black, maroon;
lucky numbers: 16,17,27,29,34,40
super lucky number: 28
Holidays and observances - May 1
- Argentina: National Constitution Day.
- England, Scotland, Finland, Sweden and Bavaria (Germany): Saint Walburga or Walpurga, a Catholic saint who is related to the pagan rite of the Walpurgis Night and is believed to be a Christianization of the Walpurgis goddesses (of the Teutons), Beltane of the Celts and Floralia or Maia of the Romans.
- India: Maharashtra Divas (Majarastra day). On May 1, 1960, Majarastra was founded when the state of Bombay was divided into the new linguistic states of Maharashtra and Gujarat.
- Iran: Beginning of the Teachers’ Week in honor of the intellectual leader of the Islamic Revolution Morteza Motahhari, assassinated by the Marxist terrorist group Mojahedin-e Khalq Organization (MKO).
- Spain: Castillazuelo (Huesca): pilgrimage to the Pueyo Monastery.
- Spain: Torrecampo (Córdoba): pilgrimage of Our Lady of the Veredas.
- Taiwan and coast of China: festival of the goddess Matsu.
- Malta: First of May, Labor Day (Día de los Trabajadores).
- Spain: Madridejos (Toledo): pilgrimage in the mountains in honor of María Santísima de Valdehierro.
- Spain: Abanilla (Murcia): Moors and Christians parade, declared of regional tourist interest.
- Spain: La Codosera (Badajoz): Los Mayos festivities, the neighbors place the “Mayos” on the doors of their houses, which are dolls that they make for several days before, always with some satirical message.
- Switzerland: official spring holiday.
- Spain: Beniaján (Murcia): pilgrimage of the Virgen del Azahar.
- United States: Loyalty Day.
- United States: Hawaii: Lei Day holiday.
- Ireland: Beltane: Lá Bealtaine, the first day of summer in modern Ireland was celebrated by the Celts (in Druidism) and is now celebrated by Neopagans and Wiccas.
- Spain: Pazos de Monte (Orense): San José festivities, declared of regional tourist interest.
- Spain: Villacañas (Toledo): Santísimo Cristo de la Viga festivities, declared of regional tourist interest.
- Marshall Islands: Independence Day from American rule (1979).
- Czech Republic: National Day of Love. In Prague, couples gather in front of the monument of the poet Karel Hynek Mácha to kiss.
- Spain: Almonacid de Toledo (Toledo): pilgrimage of the Santísima Virgen de la Oliva in her hermitage.
- United States: Law Day.
May 1 Celebrity Birthday. Who was born the same day as you?
1901: Antal Szerb, Hungarian writer and humanist (d. 1945).
1905 (or in 1901): Joaquín Penina, anarchist and Catalan bricklayer, executed in the Argentine city of Rosario (f. 1930).
1909: Yannis Ritsos, Greek poet and politician (d. 1990).
1909: Julio Chaná, Chilean jurist (d. 1995).
1910: J. Allen Hynek, American astronomer (d. 1986).
1910: Cliff Battles, American football player and coach (d. 1981).
1913: Paul MacLean, American physicist (d. 2007).
1917: Danielle Darrieux, French actress.
1924: Alejandro Olmos, Argentine politician and journalist (d. 2000).
1925: Gabriele Amorth, Italian priest and writer (d. 2016).
1925: Chuck Bednarik, American football player (d. 2015).
1926: Peter Lax, Hungarian mathematician.
1927: Laura Hidalgo, Argentine actress (f. 2005).
1930: Mario David, Argentine screenwriter and filmmaker (d. 2001).
1931: Isabel Osca, Spanish actress (d. 2011).
1934: Cuauhtémoc Cárdenas Solórzano, Mexican politician.
1934: Gerardo López, Argentine musician and singer, of the group Los Fronterizos (f. 2004).
1935: Pedro Corona, Chilean businessman.
1938: Gianni Lunadei, Argentine actor of Italian origin (d. 1998).
1939: Wilhelmina Cooper, American model and businesswoman (d. 1980).
1941: Jorge Arrate, Chilean lawyer and economist.
1943: Carlos Trillo, Argentine comic scriptwriter (d. 2011).
1944: Johnny Tedesco, Argentine singer and actor.
1945: Edda Bustamante, actress and Argentine starlet.
1945: Rita Coolidge, American singer-songwriter.
1946: John Woo, Chinese filmmaker.
1947: Jacob D. Bekenstein, Israeli physicist.
1950: Dann Florek, American actor.
1952: Juan Carlos Heredia, Spanish-Argentine footballer.
1954: Silvana Di Lorenzo, Argentine actress and singer.
1954: Ray Parker Jr., American songwriter and guitarist.
1955: Jorge Ilegal, Spanish musician, of the band Los Ilegales.
1958: Miguel Portas, Portuguese economist and politician (d. 2012).
1959: Yasmina Reza, French actress and writer.
1961: Timna Brauer, Austrian singer.
1964: Sarah Chatto, British nobleman.
1965: Andréi Xepkin, Spanish handball player of Ukrainian origin.
1966: Olaf Thon, German footballer.
1966: Robinson Díaz, Colombian theater, film and television actor.
1968: D’arcy Wretzky, American bassist, of the band The Smashing Pumpkins.
1968: Oliver Bierhoff, German footballer.
1969: Wes Anderson, American filmmaker.
1969: José Miguel Arroyo Delgado (Joselito), Spanish bullfighter.
1971: Carla Czudnowsky, Argentine television host and journalist.
1972: Julie Benz, American actress.
1973: Alberto Ajaka, Argentine actor.
1973: Oliver Neuville, Italian-German footballer.
1973: Ana Beatriz Osorio, Venezuelan actress, television presenter, broadcaster, radio director, comedian and model.
1974: Tiffany Fallon, American model.
1975: Marc-Vivien Foé, Cameroonian footballer (d. 2003).
1975: Austin Croshere, American basketball player.
1976: Hate (Sergio Rodríguez Fernández), Spanish musician and MC (master of ceremonies).
1978: James Badge Dale, American actor.
1979: Pauli Rantasalmi, Finnish guitarist, of the band The Rasmus.
1980: Ana Claudia Talancón, Mexican actress.
1980: Jay Reatard, American punk rock musician (d. 2010).
1980: Zaz, French singer.
1981: Mauro Tamayo Rozas, Chilean academic and politician.
1981: Aliaksandr Hleb, Belarusian footballer.
1982: Tommy Robredo, Spanish tennis player.
1982: Darijo Srna, Croatian footballer.
1983: Fran Vázquez, Spanish basketball player.
1984: Alexander Farnerud, Swedish footballer.
1984: Cecilia Chechu Bonelli, Argentine model and host.
1984: Víctor Hugo Montaño, Colombian footballer.
1986: Christian Benítez, Ecuadorian soccer player (d. 2013).
1986: Damián Díaz, Argentine soccer player.
1986: Diego Valeri, Argentine soccer player.
1986: Mamadou Samassa, French footballer.
1987: Shahar Peer, Israeli tennis player.
1987: Amir Johnson, American basketball player.
1988: Nicholas Braun, American actor.
1990: Caitlin Stasey, Australian actress.
1990: Esteban Pavez, Chilean soccer player.
1992: Sammy Ameobi, English footballer.